Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Foodie Files

So we all know I have a problem with excessive celebration but I just...can't...help myself.  When good things happen, I think we should acknowledge and revel in them.  It turns little victories into lifelong memories and forces everyone involved to recognize the moment they're in- whatever that moment might be.  So yes, I will bring you coffee when the nightmare week you were dreading is finally over...I will bake you a cake when you ace that test or get an amazing performance review at work.  You say you're getting a raise?  Well, I'm thinking that calls for brownies.  Because if a form of celebratory acknowledgement greater than a tasty treat exists, I've certainly never heard of it.  That being said, my cousin Jess is getting a new car tomorrow! (Yay!)  Now...when you celebrate as much as we do, you've gotta start getting creative, so I tried something totally new: cake batter rice krispie treats.  Yes.  That's right.  Cake batter...and Rice Krispies.  With extra sprinkles.  Trust me on this- it's happiness on a napkin.

Ingredients:
3 TBS butter
10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
3/4 cup dry Funfetti cake mix
6 cups rice krispies cereal
Sprinkles
Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat.  Add marshmallows and stir until they melt completely (takes longer than you'd think, so be patient).  





Stir in your cake mix, then remove from heat.  Add cereal and stir, stir, stir.  Throw in your desired amount of sprinkles and stir some more.  


Press into a greased baking dish (8" or 9" works best) and throw a few more sprinkles on top for good measure.  After about 30 minutes it's safe to cut into squares and serve.  I'm telling you- this recipe is going in my secret weapon arsenal...there were rave reviews coming from every direction.  As celebratory snacks go, this one is a winner.  And believe me...I eat a lot of celebratory snacks.  I would know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment