Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Foodie Files

In an effort to give me a hand when I'm running low on Foodie Files, my gorgeous mother started taking pictures of her meals.  As we flipped through a few weeks worth of feasts last night I found myself totally psyched and bummed out at the same time.  Happy because I get to share some awesome recipes with you...sad because I sometimes (inexplicably) forget what an amazing cook my Mom is and I hate the fact that I live so far away from her.  And her food.  But mostly her.  Anyway- this picture jumped out at me and I just had to share it with you.  It's such a simple recipe but so delicious!

Ingredients:
4 Delmonico cut steaks
2 TBS butter
1 large vidalia onion, sliced
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
Fresh Sage
Fresh Rosemary
Fresh Thyme
Salt and pepper to taste

Wash the meat, paper towel dry and salt & pepper on both sides.  Drizzle extra virgin olive oil in a large roasting pan and place the steaks in.  Add onions, garlic, sage, rosemary & thyme.  Add butter and broil at 450 degrees.  For medium meat, cook until an internal thermometer reads 125-130 degrees, about 10 minutes each side.

0 comments:

Post a Comment