Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Foodie Files

I often find my best meals come from my most indecisive moments.  For example, as I stood in the grocery store the other day gathering ingredients, I kept repeating (I want to say to myself but it could've very well have been out loud) "Alfredo or Pesto?  Alfredo or Pesto?".  After awhile, it just sounded like "Alfredo Pesto", and that's the route I went.  And it was delicious.

Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts, cubed
2 TBS butter
2 TBS flour
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup grated Locatelli cheese
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
1/4 cup pesto
1 lb Farfalle pasta
Salt and pepper to taste

Set lightly salted water in a large pot to boil.  In a medium saucepan, melt butter and add flour, mixing until thick to create a roux.


Pour in heavy cream and milk, then add cheese, pesto and salt and pepper.


Once your water comes to a rolling boil, add pasta and cook according to package instructions.  Saute chicken in a separate pan, then toss it all together for a tasty, tasty treat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment