Monday, September 12, 2011

Books & Books

As much as I adore the idea of iPads, Kindles, e-magazines and the like, I'm an old fashioned paper and ink girl to the core.  My official stance on the state of the world is this: technology- good, death of print- bad.  Especially as it relates to the crumbling bookstore scene.  I don't just love the bookstore, I need it.  It's my happy place.  I went on a Barnes & Noble adventure last night and could've wandered around for days!  I added an impossibly large number of books to my 'must read' list...so much so that I had to write down the titles and do a bit of research to decide where to start.  After reading a few reviews and doing my fair share of research (there's just nothing worse than reading a discouraging, poorly written, or otherwise bad book...I do what I've gotta do to avoid them), the titles below rose to the top.  I can't wait to go back and buy them!  Have you read any?  Heard of any?  Put any on your 'must read' list, too?    


1. Jesus, My Father, The CIA, and Me, Ian Morgan Cron $10.87  2. Through the Language Glass, Guy Deutscher $10.96  3. Blood, Bones & Butter, Gabrielle Hamilton $14.77  4. I Knew You'd Be Lovely, Alethea Black $11.20  5. This is a Book, Demetri Martin $14.69  6. The Architecture of Happiness, Alain de Botton $12.24

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same. I need to touch the paper and turn the pages. I don't want to look at a screen 24/7!

Post a Comment