Yesterday I found myself perched in front of a low shelf at my local T.J.Maxx/Homegoods ...waist deep in one time use Korean beauty masks, Aloe vera sock treatments and a variety of items that boasted ingredients like "real volcanic ash!" "compressed diamond fibers!" "mineral sea salt extract!" when it occurred to me...I'm addicted to miracle products. I mean, who doesn't love the idea of phenomenal, instentatious results? In most cases I'd go gaga for somewhat noticeable, slowly developing results! I can tell you with confidence, however- and if you have a similar addiction I'm sure you'll agree- that's not how things typically play out. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...except for these gems. Every so often a blind squirrel finds a nut, as they say, and over time I've developed a small arsenal of products that just plain work. Here's a few of my favorites...
1. Bare Minerals Blemish Therapy: The trick to this is to use it the moment you start to feel a pimple developing...I'm always astounded at how well it works. I can neither confirm nor deny that a few males in my family use it regularly as well.
2. Egyptian Magic: I first discovered Egyptian Magic at- of all places- Costco. The price was a little steep for skin cream but you know how it goes when you're in the zone buying in bulk...in the cart it went. It is, by far, the most hydrating product I've ever purchased. The consistency might throw you off at first (it's more of a balm than a cream) but the results are unparalleled.
3. Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask: So, my lips get really dry in the winter. Really, really, really dry (and cracked and peel-y and the whole enchilada). They've been especially bad this winter and after trying everything I could think of (including, but not limited to, other items on this list), I finally found my solution in this lip mask. Just before bed I exfoliate my lips with a sugar scrub, then use just a smidgen of product. Come morning I'm a new woman.
4. Moroccan Oil: Nothing smells better, nothing works better. Keeps my relatively thin hair shiny and smooth without looking greasy. The best.
5. Wet Brush: This is the most fabulous detangling brush for wet or dry hair (though it's particularly amazing when hair is wet). It's the only brush I've ever used that doesn't feel like it's doing damage to my hair...knots just glide right out.
6. CeraVe: I've only been using this facial moisturizer for a few months but my skin loves it. A little goes a long way, too...at the rate I'm going I should finish my first jar circa 2025.
7. Sweater Saver: I love our living room couch, but after about a year of use I realized it was covered in messy little lint balls. After purchasing several products that falsely claimed they would rid me of said lint balls, I was at my wits end. Thankfully my Mom found the Sweater Saver at a little boutique and it worked like a dream. Every time I use it my couch looks brand new!
8. Foot Rubz: When I purchased this foot massager as a small present to throw in my husband's Christmas stocking I had no idea how much use I'd get out of it. Although I admittedly hate the fact that whoever named the product substituted a "s" for a "z" in their name (never a z people...never a z), I have to say the dang thing rubs the knots right out of your feet without any pain.
9. Epsom Salt Soaking Solution: There's nothing like an Epsom salt bath to cheaply soothe muscle aches and pains. I always feel like a remarkably new person whenever I take one, and the smell of this particular product is divine.
10. Totally Awesome: If you're looking for a 100% organic cleaner made of all natural ingredients...well...keep looking cause this isn't it. Don't get me wrong, it's not hazardous, but it is strong so ventilation is key. That being said, boy oh boy does it work! This stuff gets out everything. Seriously. It hasn't let me down yet and I've put it to the task on more than one occasion.
1. Blemish Therapy, Bare Minerals $18 2. Egyptian Magic, Costco $39.99 3. Agave Lip Mask, Bite Beauty $26 4. Moroccan Oil Treatment, Moroccan Oil $44 5. The Wet Brush, Amazon $8.96 6. Moisturizing Cream, CeraVe $12.99 7. Hollywood Sweater Saver, Amazon $7.34 8. Hand and Foot Massager, Foot Rubz $6.26 9. Epsom Salt Soaking Solution with Eucalyptus Spearmint, Dr. Teals $4.87 10. Totally Awesome All Purpose Cleaner, Dollar General $1