Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Guest Post: Carla from decorativity

I had such fun meeting Gab at a conference this winter, and now I'm thrilled to be a guest writer on Design Muse!  When I visit this blog I always feel inspired, from the fashion and home picks to the recipes to the fun conversational writing style.  I happily hunted for the best decorative products I could offer to Design Muse.  One of the first things I found was this "Musings"tray....it's just too perfect!




I love the poetic inscription: when the layers subside, and the fortune is empty, the pigment of our days will echo pure. and i will be nowhere if not with you. I find it inspiring, just like the weekly Design Musings quotes. I decided to continue searching for musings interpreted in home decor, and here are my discoveries:



Letterpress Art Print from tagteamtompkins- Emily Dickinson quote in a silhouette-inspired letterpress. 


  
Paper Garland from collectingfeathers- 1800s sheet music hand-cut into hearts, with vintage floral handkerchiefs sewn throughout.  




La Poeme Rug from Ballard Designs- This indoor-outdoor rug is inscribed with a famous 17th century French poem.  



Love Letters Sheet Set from Anthropologie- Bedding printed with actual love notes collected from a Brooklyn antique shop...be still my heart!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is Carla a doll or what!?  She was at the top of a short list of guest bloggers I asked to help me out while I'm on vacation.  Do yourself a favor and check out her crazy-creative design blog decorativity...it's good stuff!  Oh and follow her on Twitter while you're at it- @decorativity.  Thanks again, Carla!
-Gab

2 comments:

diana said...

absolutely lovely! i have been trying to figure out how to incorporate this quote i am in love with:

"Make no little plans; they have no magic to stir men's blood. Make big plans, aim high in hope and work."

Daniel H. Burnham

any ideas? i was looking for a way to do large scale as my new place has lots of wall space and high ceilings! much <3

Anonymous said...

Thank you Gab, you're too kind! And thanks Diana! That's a great quote, hmm...I'll have to think about that one!
~Carla

Post a Comment