Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Foodie Files

I was checking out of Ikea last weekend and it hit me: pressed chicken sandwich with brie cheese and lingonberries.  It was a straight up pregnancy craving (although, to clarify, I'm extremely not pregnant).  I've never had a sandwich quite like the one I was craving but I knew that I knew that I knew it would be good.  And I was right.  And the recipe is...

Ingredients:
(serves 4)
1 loaf tuscan bread
2 oz softened butter
1 wedge of brie cheese
lingonberry perserves
4 chicken breasts
1 oz extra virgin olive oil
1 shallot clove
salt and pepper

In a large pan, brown shallots in oil.  Saute seasoned chicken over medium heat for 15 minutes a side or until golden brown (cut into the center to make sure they're cooked if you're not sure).  Cut bread into 8 slices and lightly butter one side of each slice.  Lightly spread lingonberry preserves on the non-buttered side of 4 slices.  


Place a few pieces of brie cheese (no wax, por favor!) on the lingonberry slices, then put the slice butter side down onto a panini press (or in my case, a George Forman Grill as I have no panini press).  Place your chicken on top of the brie, then top with another slice of bread butter side up.


Close the press and put just a bit of pressure on the sandwiches to make sure they're getting nice and and browned.  Check their progress after about two minutes.  If they look like this, they're done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment