Monday, March 28, 2011

Disney Couture

After the earliest flight of all time (4:30 am wakeup call?  Not cool.) I've arrived in the Sunshine State!  I love this place for many reasons...the weather is agreeable to say the least, the ocean is a little piece of heaven and a few of my favorite people call Florida home (including but not limited to my grandparents and my bestie, DawnChere).  I'm all kinds of excited about the week ahead- I get to see my parents (who I miss desperately...I know, I'm a total baby), celebrate my Pop's 80th birthday, get spoiled by my Nonnie's ridiculously delicious food, and (hopefully) hit up a theme park or two.  Which brings me to my next point- Disney.  When you're just miles away from the most magical place on earth it seems silly to start the week off talking about anything else.  I'm an absolute sucker when it comes to movies of the Disney variety...in fact, I may or may not have spent the better part of my life convinced I was at least part Disney Princess.  I just love 'em.  But if there's one area where my fellow Princesses and I disagree, it's regarding wardrobe.  I mean seriously...what on earth are they wearing?  As I was preparing for this trip I had a thought...if I could style the classic Disney Princesses, how would I do it?  And here's what I came up with...


Snow White: Paisley Colorblock Dress, Etro $890  Jasmine: Mini Marcia Embellished Silk-Chiffon Dress, Temperly London $1,395  Ariel: Green Ombre' Chiffon Gown, BCBGMAXAZRIA $202.49  Mulan: Cotton and Silk-Blend Chantilly Lace Gown Alessandra Rich $3,995  Pocahontas: Tribeca Leather Shift Dress, Rag & Bone $925  Belle: Yellow Ruffle Dress, Lanvin for H&M  Cinderella: Knife-Pleated Silk-Chiffon Dress, Dion Lee $2,345  Sleeping Beauty: Strapless Side-Gathered Gown, Carolina Herrera $3,990

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all things princess!!! Love this post!
- Jessie

Missy said...

So cute and incredibly creative!! I love Belles dress. Great post!

.Jessica. said...

Um, this is amazing. You're so creative!

Post a Comment