Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Foodie Files

I'm in the mood for a picnic.  Coincidentally, I've got a super fun one scheduled for this Saturday. (Table for Twelve, anyone?)  Maybe it's all this planning, but I've been thinking about picnic food all day...a little about what our menu will look like, but mostly about how much I wish I was eating it right this second.  So I made myself some...oh the joys of adulthood. :)

Ingredients:

1 lb of pasta (I went for the decorative variety, but just about any kind will work)
1 9oz tortellini package
1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
6oz cubed sharp cheese
6oz cubed sopressata
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced

Chop up cheese, sopressata and peppers and set aside.


 Boil pasta and tortellini (seperately) for as long as their packages suggest.  


Rinse both pastas in cold water to speed up the cooling process, then drain.  Transfer pasta to a large bowl and add all remaining ingredients (pretty, huh?).


Gently stir in balsamic vinaigrette until it's evenly distributed throughout, then refrigerate until you're ready to serve.


And there you have it- delicious pasta salad!  I served it with balsamic chicken, corn on the cob and caesar salad.  Perfect Summer meal!

0 comments:

Post a Comment