Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ik(eeee!)a

Preparing for a trip to Ikea forces you to ask questions that aren’t normally associated with furniture shopping.  Are you well hydrated?  Are you wearing appropriate footwear?  Do you have access to a map and/or compass?  I’m telling you…this store is no joke.  Show up unprepared and it will overwhelm you like a tidal wave.  Fortunately, I was in the company of a few pros and we came, saw, and conquered with little injury (with the exception of my completely knotted back- darn you heavy purse!).  My absolute favorite purchase was my new collection of stainless steel espresso cups. My Dad has a similar set and…lets just say we’re more alike than we are different. I guess it was only a matter of time until I bought (and subsequently obsessed over) one too. 



Swedish design is all about clean, white minimilism...and since Ikea might as well be a synonym for Swedish, it’s not surprising that most of my other favorite pieces fit the bill.  Here are a few other goodies I came across.



1 comments:

Courtney said...

The pendant lamp reminds me of the fluffy white flowers we played with as kids, which in turn makes me think of spring and well you know that makes me very happy!

Great choices as always!!!!!

Post a Comment