Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Anthropomorphism At It's Best

When it comes to decorating my own home, I’m pretty sure I have a minor case of design ADD.  While I rarely act on my impulses to- say- throw my entire bedroom in the trash and start over, I’m not saying I haven’t thought about it.  Several times.  Today. 

Though I can’t switch up the house on a whim like I’d love to, I’ve managed to find a fiscally responsible alternative.  I picked one area- just one- that I can completely re-work multiple times throughout the year without feeling bad about it (or bankrupting myself)…the good ‘ol kitchen table.  My original decision to style our table grew out of a different need altogether (which you can read about  here).  Four months and three designs later, I’ve found that switching up place settings has done more than just serve as a reminder not to put clutter on the kitchen table.  Turns out it’s a creative outlet, too.  I put our current place settings together entirely at Z Gallerie and they’re- by far- my favorite so far.  In fact, I’m so happy with them I think they may have (at least temporarily) soothed my ADD.  Imagine that.



And the ingredients are as follows:


1. Elaine Tealight Lamp, $19.95  2. Zebra Napkins, $11.56 set of 4  3. Dog Portrait Plates, $7.95 each  4. Winestein, $14.99  5. Ceramic Books, $103.80 set of 8 (also available for individual purchase in brick and mortar stores) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment