Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Foodie Files

Like bacon and eggs, pancakes and syrup or Nutella and anything, French toast and croissants are a match made in breakfast heaven.  I can’t, for the life of me, figure out why I haven’t been making the recipe below my whole life.  I finally gave it a go yesterday morning and my word, was it delicious.  Now that I’ve finally tried it, there’s a good chance I may never go back to plain old boring French toast again.  Give it a go and get back to me on this one...it's a definite keeper. 

Ingredients

3 Croissants
1 Egg
¼ Cup milk
¼ Cup half and half
¼ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
Cinnamon
Cinnamon sugar
½ tbs Butter

In a shallow bowl, whisk egg, milk, half and half and vanilla with a fork.




Add about 8 good shakes of cinnamon and four shakes of cinnamon sugar.  I realize adding the cinnamon sugar sounds redundant, but it adds just the right amount of sweet and the texture is nice and fine.  You can use an extra shake of cinnamon and a pinch of sugar instead if you’d like.


Cut a croissant in half and soak both sides in the cinnamon-y goodness you just mixed.  Keep in mind, the flaky side of the croissant will need just a bit more time to soak, while the porous side absorbs very quickly.


Use your butter to grease the bottom of the skillet and turn up the heat to just above medium.  Give things a moment to heat up, then put your croissants in.  They’ll need to cook for about 2 minutes per side, then voila!  I ate mine with some Mascarpone cheese and a few strawberries and it was mmmMmmm good.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds so yummy.. will definitely give that a whirl.. may even imagine I'm in Paris eating this one!!!

Post a Comment