Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Project Pep Talk

So last week I opened up a tad and shared the fact that my cousin was moving over the weekend.  And move she did.  It was a sad but excited goodbye for both of us and I think it's safe to say the next few months are gonna be an adventure.  Her last day in Nashville just so happened to be her birthday, so I had to take her going away present to a level previously unheard of.  I came up with what can only be described as my greatest idea ever so obviously it was way too awesome to keep to myself.  I know Jess is really looking forward to the challenge and excitement of a new city, but I also know...well...her in general.  Really, really well.  At some point, she's gonna come face to face with a difficulty and it literally pained me to think I might not be there to help her walk through it.  So I did what any clear headed BFF would do in this situation- I made a pep talk kit.  I labeled somewhere between 15 and 20 envelopes with scenarios and possible issues and filled them with notes, inspirational quotes, scriptures, and a paper that directed her to a corresponding treat (ex: open present G).  I put all the presents and envelopes in a small box and instructed her on what to do.  Some of the labels I came up with were...


Open when you feel:
-sad
-lonely
-tired
-grumpy
-confused
-nervous
-insecure
-angry
-discouraged
-bored

Open before you:
-go on a date
-have an interview
-have your first day of work
-walk out of the door in sweatpants
-freak out that something fun is happening in TN and you're missing it
-freak out that something bad is happening in TN & you're not here to help

You get the idea.  It was a lot of work but I know she really appreciated it and it's definitely helping sleep at night.  Such a fun little project, right?!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love your blog!!!!!
I have already been inspired by your creative genius! Made Pappa Joe's pizza and looking forward to your gift and party ideas!
Dottie RN, NJ

Post a Comment