Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Foodie Files

Over the last few weeks I've sprinkled a few of my Mom's recipes into The good 'ol Foodie Files and I'm pretty confident it's enhanced the column quite a bit.  I wanted to throw in a recipe from an equally genius chef so I gathered the recipe to one of my Dad's specialties; pizza dough.  This is- honestly- one of my favorite things anyone in the whole world  makes.  True story.  So enjoy!

Papa Joe's pizza dough
Makes 8-10 small personal pizzas

Ingredients:
2 tsp of active dry yeast
6 cups unbleached flour
2 1/2 cups of water (around 100 degrees)
3 tbs of Kosher salt
1 tbs molasses 
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil

Add yeast to water and let it proof (bubble)...this should take about 3 minutes.


Using a mixer with a dough hook, begin adding ingredients.  Let mix for 10-15 minutes.


Grease the inside of a wooden bowl with olive oil and lightly flour.  Add dough and cover with a cloth.  Let rest for 1 1/2 hours.  


Beat down, let rest for an additional hour, then you're ready to roll!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment