Thursday, April 28, 2011

Jailbird Chic

I recently saw a dress I really wanted to like, but just couldn't.  It was a maxi-dress (which I love), it was black and white (check and check), and it was striped (sign me up) but the combination screamed high security much louder than high fashion.  It was a pretty big bummer, because black and white is so classy and stripes are so stylish...you would think it'd be less risky to put those hands together.  But all's not lost, I was able to find a few dresses that are quite beautiful if you ask me (or regardless of whether you ask me, I guess).  I'm thinking multi-directional stripes must be the key.  I was on a roll, so I threw in a few other black and white striped pieces.  Good stuff, huh?


1. Nicola Striped Panel Strapless Dress, BCBG $128  2. Black and White Striped Mat, PBteen  3. Bike Mug, Etsy $16  4. Stripe Cocktail Table, YLiving $3,010  5. Black and White Throw Pillow, Tonic Living $24.95  6. Gia Striped Silk Dress, BCBG $498  7. Mcginn 'Ivy' Stripe Tank Dress, Nordstrom $295  8. Zebra Vase, Emilia Ceramics $110

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love the black and white stripes! Thanks for the mention, you've made our favorite posts on vases for 2011!

Post a Comment