Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Foodie Files

If...hypothetically speaking...I wasn't feeling great, I suppose I would...theoretically...want to make something I knew I couldn't mess up for this week's Foodie Files.  Because...from a purely conjectural standpoint...sometimes you just need to do something you know is going to work.  You know what I mean?  This morning I tackled a simple but delicious breakfast of skillet fried potatoes and eggs.  It was good and it was easy, which I'm pretty sure is just what the doctor prescribed for me today.  The recipe below would feed two people with my appetite or one person with my brother's appetite so adjust your portions accordingly.    

Ingredients:
1 Russet potato
2 eggs
1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
3 slices of turkey bacon
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper

Coat the bottom of a large skillet with extra virgin olive oil and set heat to medium.  Give the potato skin a good scrub, then cut into "cubes".


Toss the potato cubes into your skillet and season with salt and pepper.  Let cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring and turning occasionally.  When the potatoes soften and lightly brown, turn off heat completely.  Let the skillet remain on the burner.


Microwave cook three pieces of turkey bacon and break into pieces.  Toss mozzarella cheese and bacon into your skillet and stir until the residual heat melt the cheese.  Plate in a shallow bowl.


In a separate pan, cook eggs to your taste.  The meal works best if you leave the yolk at least a little runny.  Place your egg on top of the potatoes, garnish with a touch of cheese and you're all set.  Easy breezy but yummy, too.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment