Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar and the Icons

Did you catch The Oscars last night?  After checking out the feedback, it seems I'm one of the five people in the world that actually enjoyed it.  I don't know if I just feel protective of my supposed doppelganger, Anne Hathaway, or what...but I thought it was totally entertaining!  Although the results of the evening have the power to define careers, there's really only one question worth asking during the course of the show itself- what's everyone wearing?  I had some beef with a few of the dresses, but there were a couple gals that hit the mark.  And I think I can say with 75% certainty that Mila Kunis gets my best dressed award.  Let's just chalk the missing 25% up to the fact that she was one sneeze away from an epic wardrobe malfunction.  


At this point, we can only guess who- if anyone- will achieve the formidable level success that separates the stars from the icons.  What name will live on for generations or become synonymous with class?   Here are a few megawatt superstars in their Oscar finest.  Now, these ladies are legends!

Bette Davis, 1939

Lauren Bacall, 1952

Elizabeth Taylor, 1953

Audrey Hepburn, 1954

Grace Kelly, 1956

Sophia Loren, 1963

Lauren Hutton, 1975

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I so enjoyed it too! I was actually laughing out loud at some points because Anne Hathaway kinda reminded me of you. I'll have to explain more later. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

Hellen said...

Lauren Hutton's photo is so beautiful! She looks perfect! I really love the look!
I also loved how Mila Kunis looked. I loved that lilac dress. I think there would have fitted an elegant Amber necklace or something else on her neck. But she really looked perfectly.

Post a Comment