Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Foodie Files

Is it possible to develop an addiction to golden cherry tomatoes?  If so...well...I have that.  And it's serious.  I'll try and give you a tomato break next week (though I can't make any promises) but I think you're gonna enjoy the fun take on good 'ol fashioned salsa I've got for you today.  You can't believe how fresh it tastes!  All I can say is if you can share it, you're a better person than me (which reminds me...no one look in my parents fridge...there's nothing to see there).

1 pint golden cherry tomatoes
1 shallot, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 chile pepper, seeded and minced
2 garlic cloves
1 lemon, juiced
Salt and peper to taste.

Finely chop tomatoes and place in a bowl.


Add chopped shallots and minced garlic cloves, then mix.


Throughly mix in cilantro, minced chili pepper (fun fact, we got ours from my Dad's backyard aquaponics greenhouse!), lemon juice and salt and pepper.


Refrigerate in a sealable jar for at least one hour...the flavors need just a bit of time to mesh.  Finally, grab a bag of your favorite tortilla chips and dig in!   

0 comments:

Post a Comment