Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Foodie Files

Since I had a pretty strong (and ultimately correct) feeling I was going to be way behind after last week's vacation, I had my Mom prepare this week's Foodie Files.  This lemon chicken, veggie and pasta dish is one of her go-to Summer meals- it's so light and fresh!  I'd vouch for anything my Mom made, but I can tell you from experience, this one is a winner. 

Ingredients:

4- 6 chicken pieces
1 large Lemon and zest.
Shallots
2 cloves of Garlic
1/2 cup of chicken stock
1/2 cup Italian Black Olives
2 cups of washed Brocolli
1 can of Artichoke hearts
Garden Basil, Parsely, Thyme
 ¼ cup of Grated Regiano Parmeseano Cheese
1 Package of Egg Pasta

Boil water and cook pasta.  Don’t forget a dash of salt in the water.  While water is boiling, add enough Olive Oil to coat a saute pan.  Add shallots and garlic and let cook till soft and golden (about 3 minutes).
Add washed and dried chicken pieces and cook at a pretty good flame for about 6 min per side.


By this time your water should be boiling- add Egg Pasta and cook per bag instructions.  Add brocolli, artichoke hearts, olives, lemon juice and chicken stock to chicken and let cook another 5 minutes over medium heat.


Drain and plate pasta and and cover with chicken, brocolli, artichokes and grated cheese.  Serves 4-6.

0 comments:

Post a Comment