Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Foodie Files

Bad news, Nashville...one of our most delightful restaurants is closing!  If you live in our area and you've never checked out Rumba, put it on your before-September-30th to do list.  It's always a bummer when inventive places like Rumba close their doors but I was especially disappointed to part ways with one of their signature small plates: The BCBG flatbread.  It's kind of famous around these parts and especially famous in the hearts and minds of my cousin Nikki and I.  So I did what I had to do and test kitchen-ed the living daylights out of the dish.  Turns out, Rumba did most of the work for me by pairing the flavors.  The ingredients are an outside the box combo that might confuse you at first but- I promise you- you'll be hooked after one bite.  

Ingredients (per pizza):
1/4 cup blue cheese
1/4 cup sliced grapes
1 oz diced pancetta
1 tsp honey 
flatbread

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Saute pancetta over medium high heat until it browns lightly, about 5-7 minutes.  Slice grapes in half.


Layer cheese, pancetta and grapes on flatbread.  Drizzle with honey.


Bake for 5 minutes and serve warm.  I know, this makes you nervous.  It made me nervous too, but I need you to trust me on this one!  It's delicious!

0 comments:

Post a Comment