Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Foodie Files

I can't take too much credit for this week's Foodie Files since my roommate found the original recipe, test-kitchened it a few months ago and made it this time around.  I took the pictures...that counts for something, right?  For some reason making salmon totally stresses me out (I just don't want it to taste fishy!) but Court assured me she had a simple recipe that wasn't scary at all.  And, of course, St. Courtney was telling the truth.  It was pretty perfect.  

Ingredients:
2 lemons
2 salmon filets (4-6oz each)
1-2 TBS butter (depending on preference)
Salt and pepper to taste
Aluminum foil

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Cut two 1'x1' pieces of foil.  Slice one and a half lemons (which should give you about 10 slices).  Divide the slices evenly amongst the two pieces of foil and arrange like so:


Skin salmon and place on top of lemons.  Season with salt and pepper and top with butter.


Bring foil ends together and fold down tightly, leaving no openings but some room for salmon to steam.  Bake for 25-30 minutes.  


Sprinkle with leftover lemon and serve.   


0 comments:

Post a Comment