Monday, August 27, 2012

New Dawn, New Day, New Look!

Well, have a look around, ladies and gents.  I sure do hope you like what you see!  The last thing I want in any area of Design Muse is for things to feel stagnant, so you can imagine how delighted I was to breathe some new life into this space.   There were a few key players who really helped make this transformation happen so I hope you'll allow me a quick moment to brag on them.

Our new logo is the handiwork of Tracy Hetzel, a super talented lady I just can't say enough good things about.  The moment I discovered Tracy's Etsy shop it was like the clouds parted and angels started singing, "This is it!  This is the artist".  She was a delight to work with and I'm so thrilled with what she created for me.  I mean seriously, isn't it just beautiful?

Our re-designed layout was created by the Little Lollypop Shop's Claire Sawyer, a UK based graphic designer I also found on Etsy.  Claire, too, was heaven sent.  From the very first concept she sent, I knew we were on the same page.  At this point I'm just looking for an excuse to work with these two amazing ladies again.  If you're in the market for artwork or graphic and web design, I'd wholeheartedly recommend them.

Oh, and honorable mentions go to my roomie and pseudo-roomie, Courtney & Nina, for their unparalleled consulting skills.  They are, quite literally, the best.

Moving right along to our new and improved Editorial Calendar...while our day to day happenings will stay pretty consistent, we did introduce a couple brand new seasonal series.  Their debut posts will go live so soon...I'm seriously counting down the days 'til the first one launches (inside information: one of my countdowns ends a week from today).  Here's an Editorial Calendar overview, just so we're all on the same page.

Monday:
Design Musings- Our potent (and printable!) quote of the week.

Tuesday:
Get it Together- Original ideas for coordinating pieces in your home.

Wednesday:
Mirror, Mirror- All the ingredients for a head to toe, fully accessorized, traffic-stopping outfit.

Thursday:
The Foodie Files- Tried, tested and treasured recipes from the Beretta kitchen.

Friday:
Working for the Weekend- Ten links to keep you company 'til we meet again on Monday.

Seasonal Series:

Table for Twelve- Follow the adventures of a few of my favorite gal pals during our fabulous dinner parties. Each post showcases a different theme and comes complete with plenty of pictures and our all inclusive host guide.

All Set- Beautiful place settings and centerpieces from our own collections, styled by the Design Muse team.

Gift Guides- Our best present recommendations, produced to correspond with Christmas, Mother’s Day and other gift-centric holidays.

(NEW!) Best Day Ever- A window into not only my personal style, but the way I style my willing friends and family.  Always informative, always fun.

(NEW!) Pro-Pointers- Expert guest tutorials in hair, makeup, and a wealth of other interesting topics.

So there you have it!  Good heavens, am I excited.  What do you guys think?!

2 comments:

.Jessica. said...

Beautiful. Excited to see all the new changes Gabby!!

Unknown said...

Looking forward to it! Love the new look!

Post a Comment