Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Foodie Files

One of my favorite parts of last week's Welcome Vivian baby shower was eating the Oreo truffles Kiks (derivative of Kiki, short for Aunt Nikki) made as part of our food display.  We had one of those 
"This is delicious, you have to give me this recipe" 
"It's so simple I don't even want to say it"
moments.  Except the truffles were so fancy I was pretty sure she it was just being humble, so I persisted.  Needless to say, she was telling the truth...it's a very simple recipe with a few inexpensive ingredients and a big 'ol payoff at the end of the road.  Jackpot.  I switched things up in an effort to utilize everyone's favorite seasonal cookie and got a 'two thumbs up' response from my test kitcheners.  And while, yes, it pained me to use an entire box of my tightly rationed Thin Mints for the recipe, the payoff was definitely worth it.  And if you know how obsessed I am with Thin Mints, you know that's a pretty big deal.

Ingredients:
1 9oz box of Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies
4 oz cream cheese
8 oz dark chocolate chips
15 Andes Mint Candies

Pulse cookies in a food processor one sleeve at a time.


Add cream cheese and mix well.  


Roll into 1 inch balls and set on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes.


Melt dark chocolate for 30 seconds, then stir.  Repeat two times for a total of 90 seconds.  Dip balls in chocolate then set back on wax paper.


Melt Andes for 30 seconds, then stir.  Repeat for a total of 60 seconds, then pour into a ziplock bag.


Cut the tip of the bag and drizzle over truffles.  They're as tasty as they are pretty but all kinds of rich so be prepared!

0 comments:

Post a Comment