Friday, February 11, 2011

Que Bella

I had a moment this week that was less tangibly beautiful than…say…Nina and Anthony’s Wedding, my first pair of Manolos, or any of the other things I’ve featured in a Que Bella post to date.  It was special and lovely for a whole different set of reasons, and because I was lucky enough to identify it as a moment while I was still in it, it’s a time I was really able to soak in.

As I mentioned the other day, my brother (and cousin and friend) just came back from recording a new album and Wednesday night was the first time I got to hear it.  I realize I’m a tad bit biased, but wow.  It’s really good folks.  Like…exceptionally good.  So good that, while we were listening I knew that I knew that I knew it’s gonna open some doors for them.  So I took note of the smell of sugar cookies baking and the little imprints on my hands from leaning back in the carpet and the fact that I was biting the inside of my lip to keep from tearing up.  Because when those doors do open- and I believe they’ll open wide- I fully expect to look back on this past Wednesday night and smile.   

Since the new CD isn’t quite ready for release, I figured I’d share a few Dinner and a Suit videos.  One is an update with my brother about the new album, the other is a cover that was just featured on Paramore’s website and Hayley Williams’ blog.  I can't think of anything more beautiful than watching someone you love pursue their dream, and that's just what these guys are doing.  If that's not worthy of a spot on Que Bella, I don't know what is.



0 comments:

Post a Comment