Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Foodie Files

I don't know what it's like where you are but this is the first week I've really felt the summer heat...which, obviously, I think is the greatest ever.  But as wonderful as I think the warm weather is and as much as I love to cook, there's nothing worse than an overheated kitchen on a hot day.  To minimize this issue, we've been munching on a variety of picnic food at our house lately...pasta salad, cold thai veggies, all kinds of good stuff.  Last night I even whipped up some refreshing watermelon agua fresca!  It's so simple but a tasty, tasty treat.  My advice?  Go find you a patio and get sipping!

Ingredients:
4 Cups cubed, seeded watermelon
1/2 cup water
4 slices of lime
Fresh mint leaves


Puree the watermelon and water in a blender until smooth.  Put one lime slice and a couple mint leaves in each glass and crush with a cocktail muddler (or, if you're me, the handle of a lemon juicer).


Add ice if desired and pour in the watermelon agua fresca.  Stir before serving. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment