Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Wedding Registry Hall of Fame

Happy April Fools Day!  In all my years I’ve only successfully pulled off one April Fools joke.  Two years ago I changed my Facebook status to “Engaged” and my profile picture to a random engagement ring I found on Google images.  Considering I was quite single at the time, I was surprised at how many of my friends and family completely took the bait.  To celebrate the pretend fiancé’s created all over the world today, we decided to share some of the best places those who are actually engaged can register at.      

Bed, Bath & Beyond

It’s hard to beat Bed, Bath & Beyond when it comes to special perks and a great return policy.  Some of the benefits they provide include a personal wedding site, task manager, guest list manager, seating arranger, budgeter, expert consultations and two complimentary presents based on how much you register for and how much you buy.  I wouldn’t necessarily say they’re my first choice in home design, but they do have a nice selection of reasonably priced kitchen and dining items.  It’s important to include all price points in your registry, and Bed, Bath & Beyond is a convenient place for your guests to purchase both small and large gifts.  I know it’s not exactly decorative, but If I was registering tomorrow the first thing on my list would have to be Dyson’s ‘The Ball’ Lightweight Upright Vacuum.  The commercial totally sold me…why have we put up with vacuums that only move in a straight line for so long?!  It’s a big ticket item, but don’t hesitate registering for it for that reason alone.  You never know!  If you still need more details regarding their registry, check out their website here.

Williams-Sonoma

I’m not sure if you know this about Williams-Sonoma, but they sell more than just kitchen items!  Williams-Sonoma Home offers everything from upholstered furniture to fine linens for bed and bath.  It’s all higher end, of course (they list their #1 style rule as “Live the good life everyday”), but even if you don’t plan to register there primarily it’s worth checking out.  It’s was almost impossible to decide on just one item from there, but if that’s all I was allowed I’d probably have to go with their copper Windsor Whistling Teakettle.  They’re beautiful and functional, what more could you ask for?

Crate and Barrel


If you’re planning on registering for furniture and other decorative home items, you should definitely consider Crate and Barrel.   We love their design aesthetic and affordable prices....with the right amount of bridal showers you could feasibly outfit your whole home!  We were particularly enamored with this Pirouette Chair.  If you are hoping to receive a lot of furniture, encourage any of your guests that ask to buy gift cards.  On top of their amazing selection, Crate and Barrel also offers 10% completion savings on any unfulfilled items left on your registry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment