Thursday, April 29, 2010

Absurdly Creative Art

Every so often I come across an artist or design concept that’s delightfully odd and over the top.  I couldn’t resist the opportunity to share some of the most extreme cases with you…they may be entirely impractical and ridiculous but they certainly show how imaginative the human mind can be.  On an average day the things we share with you are unified by the fact that we are either recommending them or at least really impressed with their taste level…keep in mind that is not necessarily the case right now.  We just can’t believe some of this stuff!

Heike Weber

Heike Weber is a German artist who uses an incredibly unique technique of heavy repetition. Her work has appeared in exhibitions all across Germany and other areas of Europe. It sounds counterintuitive, but the spaces she creates are overwhelmingly busy and stark all at the same time. Whether you like her work or not you’ve gotta admit...she’s unbelievably creative!




Julian Beever

Julian Beever is an English chalk artist who is best known for his sidewalk 3D illusions.  I promise, you’ve never seen anything like this in your life.  Beever uses a projection type called anamorphosis, which is pretty much just a fancy way of saying he draws completely flat images in a way that looks unquestionably real when viewed from the correct angle.  I stared at these pictures for longer than I’d like to admit trying to figure out how they could possibly be two dimensional.  It wasn’t until I saw the very last picture, taken from a different angle, that I realized this is no hoax...it’s unmitigated genius!










James Hance

James Hance is a Jacksonville based artist who appears to be as clever as he is talented.  Somehow, he managed to mesh characters from Star Wars (yes, you’re reading that correctly) with pieces of fine art in a way that demands a second look.  When asked about his creative process he responded, “I paint mainly in my pajamas, watching the Muppet Show and eating cereal.  I’d like to think it shows.”  Like I said…funny guy.  







0 comments:

Post a Comment