Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ready, Set (the Table), Go

I love my big family, and I’m so grateful we’ll have the chance to be together for the Thanksgiving holiday, but when you’re feeding the masses some concessions need to be made.  In our case, the damage is minimal- no formal place settings.  It’s a small price to pay.  If ever I find myself living in a world where money is no object and storage is easy to come by, this may no longer be the case…although even then, it’s would require purchasing a pretty impractical number of sets.  If your family is smaller OR if you’re looking for an excuse to argue for wholesale pricing, there are plenty of festive holiday pieces to choose from for your table.  If you didn’t read yesterday’s post, you missed out on my Thanksgiving confession…although I very much look forward to Thanksgiving every year, I do have a hard time giving it my full attention.  Come November 1st I’ve got at least one eye on Christmas.  I noted a few things you might want to take into consideration to help your transition from Thanksgiving to Christmas be a fluid one.  Check them out here.  In Part 1 of today’s post, I kept things quite neutral….any of these pieces are equally suited for your Thanksgiving or Christmas celebration.  Part 2 is a little more Thanksgiving specific...notice how the majority of these elements are minor and easily interchanged.  Check back tomorrow for ideas on one element of Thanksgiving that- big family or not- we certainly don’t skimp on…centerpieces!

Part 1:











                       
Part 2:





0 comments:

Post a Comment