Thursday, May 13, 2010

All Things Audrey

I’ve always been positively enamored with Audrey Hepburn and the way she epitomized class.  Everything from her clothes and hair to her body type and eyebrows set lasting trends, now her image is a bonified icon and a design element in and of itself.  I was surprised at myself when I discovered that, as much as I adore her style, I’ve never looked up a single fact about her home.  That all changed today.  I was hoping to find more information (and definitely more pictures) but here’s what I did discover.


Audrey Hepburn’s home for the last 30 years of her life was an 18thcentury farmhouse in Tolochenaz, Switzerland, a remote village in the foothills of the Alps.  She called the house “La Paisible” which means ‘the place of peace’, and enjoyed a garden where she grew white country roses.  Because she was a private individual she made sure pictures of the inside were kept from the public, which leaves my imagination free to run wild.  Her design aesthetic must have represented her style- timeless, beautiful and unique.  It just had to!....at least thats what I really want to believe.    

I suppose it was only a matter of time before I addressed something Audrey Hepburn-esque.  Not only is she one of my favorite actresses, the focal point of my room at my parent’s house is a giant 6’x4’ framed photo of a scene from Breakfast at Tiffany’s (my favorite).  Here are some other classic Audrey shots you may enjoy, she’s simply marvelous, darling, 













0 comments:

Post a Comment