Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Foodie Files

I've really been dropping the ball when it comes to cooking as of late.  I'm not sure what's gotten into me but for some reason I want to blame it on winter (ahh cold weather...my truest adversary).  I've been killing it on the snacking front, however!  Since I enjoy to lobbing the occasional snacking post in your direction, now seemed like a great time to share a few of my current obsessions.  


1. Most folks fall pretty firmly into one camp or another when it comes to grapefruit…you love it or you hate it, no middle ground.  I'm overwhelmingly pro-graprefruit…in fact, it's my citrus of choice.

2. Believe me when I tell you, Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Brownies will ruin all other brownies for you.  Period, paragraph.  Keep in mind, there's no wiggle room here…they have to be Ghiardelli and they have to be Dark Chocolate or it's no dice.

3. My darling brother brought Noosa to our family's attention a few months ago but I have to admit, I didn't actually try it until recently.  I was meandering around Target and threw a blueberry flavored one in my cart because Joey is on tour and I miss him and somehow it made me feel like buying something he likes so much would make me miss him less.  Turns out, it's delicious…so, so good!  Scary good, actually.  Wish I would've tried it sooner!

4. Let me start by saying I'm literally eating these right now.  The amount I consume in a sitting can't possibly be good for you, but if you eat them like a reasonable person they're a much better (and dare I say just as tasty) alternative to most chips.

5. I'm a creature of habit.  As such, I start my day with Starbucks darkest french roast and end it with Sleepytime Vanilla tea.  Don't be fooled, you can barely taste any vanilla…just a tiny twinge of sweetness that makes honey or sugar unnecessary.  At this point just smelling it signals my brain to start winding down which is just the best.  If you're looking for a light herbal tea, I highly recommend it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment