Thursday, August 25, 2011

Paradise Island: Lillian

Welcome to the final post in our Paradise Island series!  I hope you've enjoyed the sneak peak into the lives of our Table for Twelve ladies...I think they picked out some pretty amazing selections, don't you?  If you missed anything- anything at all- you can get caught up here (missing out is never fun...just saying).  As for today...well...it seems I saved the best for last.  Today's Paradise Island is all about my Mom, Lillian.  I've told you all about how wonderfully amazing she is before, and in a fabulous case of perfect timing, I've got a sweet girl on deck that wants to give that thought an "Amen".  However genuine my bragging on my Mom might be...she's still my Mom, so there's a degree of "well, of course you'd say that" involved.  So when Amy, the Lillian's Paintbrush crew chief, e-mailed me and asked if I would publish a message of gratitude for her on Design-Muse, I didn't think twice before saying yes.  Amy is one of the most treasured employees my Mom has ever had.  After making the difficult decision to resign and enroll at Valley Forge Christian College this fall, Amy had a few things she wanted to say publicly.  I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to give her the floor.


Let me introduce myself, my name is Amy and I have worked for Lillian's paintbrush for 7 years.  Sadly, yesterday was my last day as Lillian's employee.  I thought it would only be fitting to share my love and appreciation for Lillian with all of you.  Now where do I start?  I wish everyone could know Lillian personally.  She truly is an amazing woman.  Her heart is full of love for those around her.  She also has an abundance of patience.  Each time I am ready to complain or get annoyed with someone, Lillian sees the side of the other person and can defuse the situation with understanding.  Another way Lillian has inspired me to be patient is a saying she uses... "I choose to remain calm."  She explained to me that the one thing we have control over is our emotions and that we can choose to remain calm. 

Lillian is also very gracious, she is always ready to give and help those in need.  There have been many times I have been in a jam and Lillian has come to my rescue.  She also has been a blessing to my family. For those who know Lillian, I am sure you have been touched some way by her kindness.  She is that way with clients as well.  When we all are tired and ready to go home, she pushes us to go the extra mile to make sure the job site is spotless and error free.

On a lighter note, one thing I will truly miss is her ability to tell stories.  I have the worst time telling any type of story, so this quality I truly envy of Lillian.  I love hearing her ask "have you seen this movie?" because I know a detailed story is soon to follow. 

Lillian has been a joy to work for and I will always be grateful for all she has done.  I will always admire her and take what I have learned from her into my next journey. 

Lillian- You have been a dear friend, and inspiration, and a role model to me.  I thank God for you.  You have seen me through all my ups and downs.  I am thankful I got to share these 7 years with you not only as an employee but as a friend.  You and your family have been a blessing!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your love and support, for laughing with me and comforting me when I was down.  You're truly the best boss anyone could ask for!  I am forever grateful!


Q&A: Lillian would be famous for an unforgettable singing performance with a full orchestra.  Her celebrity BFF would be Marilyn Monroe and she would help her steal every last item in Eva Mendez's closet.  



1. Beyond Vintage Bead Detail Blouse, Piperlime $82.97  2. Wood Working Toolkit, Sunrise Exports  3. Betsey Johnson Teardrop Earrings, Macy's $35  4. Rouge Allure Lipstick, Chanel $32  5. The Dreamer Boot-Cut Jeans, Old Navy $17.50  6. SK-II LXP Moist Softening Serum, Bloomingdales $265  7. Clinique Quick Corrector, Nordstrom $14.50  8. Alexander Wang Oval Sunglasses, Saks Fifth Ave $369  9. Genoa Thong Sandals, Tommy Hilfiger $50

1 comments:

Evelyn said...

Three Cheers for Amy, Lillian and I will miss you. I agree with every statement made regarding Lillian, and could add a few more. God Bless you Amy!!!

Post a Comment