Thursday, August 18, 2011

Paradise Island: Denise

I can't even believe I'm saying this, but summer is getting ready to abandon us folks.  My dear, sweet warm weather is preparing to head south for the winter and I'm just not ready to see it go.  But rather than waste too much time pining for it, I'm determined to shift gears- from barbecues to bonfires, pool side days to picking apples and from our fabulous summer series Paradise Island to...our next adventure (to be announced soon).  But it's not over yet!  In fact, today we've got the spotlight on pretty Miss Denise.  It's hard to describe Denise without saying things like "she marches to the beat of her own drum" or "she's free spirit" because those things are all true- she's one unique little stunner.  I'm not sure if that shows you the whole picture, though.  She's not some scattered flower child- she's an outrageously strong, independent, hard working lady (and arguably the only one out of all of us that's consistently on time, ha).  She's got some fun quirks, many of which manifest themselves in her uber fun sense of style, and those just make her more of a treasure to all of us lucky enough to call her family.  There's a few things in her Paradise Island picks I'm gonna have to check out myself (especially that water- she says it's part of the secret to her perfect hair...sign me up)!

Sorry fellas, she's taken.

Q&A: If Denise was famous, it would be for writing a memoir called 'Yes, I'm Mexican and I don't Speak Spanish'.  Her celebrity BFF would be Kate Hudson, and she would help her steal every last item in Rachel Zoe's closet.


1. Lip Balm, Burt's Bees $2.99  2. Black LePen, Paper Source $1.95  3. "Thora" Black Patent Flip Flop, Tory Burch $115  4. Jackie O Sunglasses, Chanel  5. Original Herbal Body Moisturizer, Hempz Body Care $20  6. The Invitation, Amazon $21.95  7. Penta Water, $29.50 for a 24 pack  8. Gold Mums, Batik & Crinkle Journals, Paper Source $18.95

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, why is that water so expensive!? That's so crazy haha.

Gabby
http://stardependentvintage.blogspot.com

Lee Oliveira said...

Water this price?? woooot..
lee x

Benedetta M. said...

Hello Gabrielle, thank you for your comment!
I love these Chanel beautiful sunglasses, so chic!
Great post!
Kisses,
Cocò

www.daddysneatness.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i love burts bees lip balm!

<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Gab said...

Hahaha- the water is a little pricey, huh? Supposedly it's the purest bottled water you can buy. All I can tell you is if you saw Denise's hair, you'd want to try it too... :)

Post a Comment