Monday, October 25, 2010

Puppy Love

This weekend was quite eventful…I attended a bonfire at my brother’s house, went to church, watched all my Philly sports teams implode, spent quality time with my family, and fell head over heels in love.  Yup, you heard me, L-O-V-E love.  As fate would have it, we’re hopelessly star-crossed with virtually no hope of ending up together…not really the ‘boy meets girl’ love story we all dream of.  In fact, this particular love story went a little more like this….girl promises herself she won’t conduct any more searches on a certain website…girl folds in moment of weakness…girl finds The One…girl remembers the reason she swore off Petfinder.com in the first place- because she can’t get a dog right now!  Seriously, though…his name is Zeus and he’s the most perfect French Bulldog I’ve ever seen.  Look!!


If I could, I’d get in my car this very moment, drive to the rescue shelter in Greenfield, Indiana, pay his adoption fee and sweep him away.  Unfortunately, there are at least a hundred reasons why I can’t do that right now, so I’ll have to continue to love him from afar and hope a nice family with a big yard will adopt him.  Although I may never be able to call Zeus my own, I’m looking forward to the day when the timing is right and I can finally get a dog.  When that day comes, I will be prepared.  If you’re one of the lucky ones to have a special pup in your life, consider treating your pal (and your home) to one of these pretty dog bowls.  










0 comments:

Post a Comment