Tuesday, August 10, 2010

La Chambre de Chanel

Well…I’ll cut to the chase and tell you it’s my birthday today.  My 25th birthday, to be exact…quarter of a century old…that’s me.  Although my first thoughts on reaching this milestone echo a breakdown Meg Ryan’s character had in When Harry Met Sally… 

(Sally: and I’m gonna be 40!
Harry: When?
Sally: Someday…
Harry: In 8 years!
Sally: I know, but it’s THERE!)

…my next response is a little more rational.  I’m just really thankful.  The last 25 years have been kinder to me than I deserve, and I’m excited to see what the next 25 have in store.  In celebration of my big 2-5 my fabulous cousin Jessica orchestrated a day ‘o fun which has already included her sister Natalie’s world-famous cinnamon rolls for breakfast, a little beauty maintenance at her sister Nikki’s salon, an amazing lunch and a trip to one of my very favorite places in Nashville, the Frist Center for the Visual Arts.  She was nice enough to plan a little break in between activities so I can squeeze in some work, but I was informed I have to be ready for my next surprise by 4pm.  Seriously, how wonderful is she?  

It’s been a positively perfect day thus far, so much so that I’m putting the post I prepared for today on hold so I can share about my most recent inspiration- the Golden Age of Couture exhibit at the Frist.  I literally just walked in the door from experiencing it so my head is still spinning.  If you’re in the Nashville area and have any interest in fashion whatsoever you simply HAVE to see it!  It got me thinking about the people who wore the drool-inducing pieces I was marveling over.  What was their life like?  What kind of food did they eat?  And, most pertinent to this particular post, what did their homes look like?  I did some research on the Queen Bee of couture, Coco Chanel, and her four level apartment at 31 Rue Cambon.  I found some amazing photos- that gal was a real class act!









0 comments:

Post a Comment