Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Foodie Files

I'm heading out on yet another trip this morning (the details of which we'll discuss soon) and have quite a drive ahead of me (8+ hours and only the beginning).  I'll be away for awhile so I had to stop myself from buying excessive amounts of groceries this week, which made coming up with a Foodie File slightly complicated.  So!  Today we're talking coffee.  Wonderful, delicious, life-giving coffee.  I made myself a big cup of this sweet treat this morning before Davey and I hit the road.  It's simple and easy but boy oh boy will it start your day right!

Ingredients:
Dark Roast Coffee or espresso
1/4 cup half and half
1 heaping TBS sweetened condensed milk

Place sweetened condensed milk in your mug and heat in the microwave for 10 seconds.  Pour in half and half and, if possible, froth with a hand-held milk frother (they're real cheap...I found one at T.J.Maxx for less than $10 but you could just as easily get one online here).


Pour coffee over frothed milk, stir and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment