Thursday, May 20, 2010

Delanooooooo

For my grand finale in Miami I’d like to show you a little glimpse of my very favorite hotel.  I’ve never actually been a paying guest there (although I’m hopeful) but I have spent a somewhat embarrassing amount of time in their lobby imagining I am.  The hotel in question is none other than the world famous Delano- I’ve never seen anything like it!  Miami has a million-and-one things to offer, but this little gem always ranks high on my list of places I want to be when I’m here.  It opened in South Beach in 1995 and has since become one of the iconic hot spot for celebrities, Miami’s elite, and posers such as myself.  Designed by Philippe Starck, the Delano has a jaw dropping collection of furniture and objects including pieces by Antonio Gaudi, Man Ray, Charles and Ray Eames, Salvador Dali and Mark Newson.  All I can tell you is it’s an imaginary world brought to life and I’m blown away by the creativity of it’s designer.  I read up on Philippe Starck and discovered not only is he a world class interior designer, he’s also designed lines of toothbrushes, windmills, motorcycles, watches and had a line of inflatable objects alongside Piere Cardin.  I mean seriously…you can’t make that stuff up.  This guy is either a genius or a total nut.  Check out these pictures of the Delano lobby and decide for yourself.











0 comments:

Post a Comment