Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Mirror, Mirror

We've discussed holiday outfit best practices before, but it's time for a Thanksgiving refresher.  Here are a few simple guidelines I always find helpful on Turkey Day...

1) Wear something nice.  I know you want to be comfortable...I want you to be comfortable, too.  But I also don't want you to cringe every time pictures from the day resurface (because there will be pictures taken and they will resurface).  This is the age of Instagram and Facebook, my friend!  You're gonna be popping up on newsfeeds across the country.  Dress accordingly.

2) Wear something with some give.  Thanksgiving is a marathon eating day, so it goes without saying that you won't want to feel trapped in anything too constricting.  A note to the ladies: I've been uncomfortably full in pants and I've been uncomfortably full in dresses and let me just tell you right now, the dress experience comes out on top every time.  Choose a fabric that's forgiving and you're set.

3) Wear layers.  Your body temperature rises when you eat (true story!) but you'll want a nice, comfy sweater to wrap yourself up in for your post-meal nap.  

Did I leave anything out?  Let me know in the comments section below!


1. Cap Sleeve Flippy Tunic, Topshop $40  2. Chunky Knit Cardigan, Helmut Lang $550  3. Amanda Classic Tote, Tory Burch $495  4. Belle Slippers, Sigerson Morrison $139.99  5. Burgundy Tights, Falke $38  6. Wishbone Studs, Uncovet $19.99

0 comments:

Post a Comment