Friday, June 29, 2012

Working For The Weekend

I came across something while reading an old friend's blog the other day (an old friend whose daughter, for the record, is one of the most beautiful little girls I've ever seen in my life.  Just as a side note).  It said, "And every day, the world will drag you by the hand, yelling "This is important! And this is important! And this is important! You need to worry about this! And this! And this!" And each day it's up to you to yank your hand back, put it on your heart and say "No. This is what's important."  Is that great or what?  I'm not gonna lie, I may or may not have teared up just a bit.  Which brings me to my next point...I hope you have a chance to spend some time doing what's important this weekend.  I hope you find a moment to soak up all the wonderful things happening in your life right now...not the "someday" stuff you're hoping for or happy moments that have already past, the now.  Cause no matter how tough things are, I know you've got something to be thankful for.  Sometimes you just need to be intentional in dwelling on the good.  Anyway, now that I've stepped off my gratitude soapbox (how did I get up there anyway?) we've come to that time of the week where I tell you to enjoy the links.  Hope you do!

Say what?

I love this dress!

Figuring out my strategy...gotta get here


Isn't this lovely?

Perfect for this heat!

4th of July, here we come.

Downton oh Downton, how I adore you.

Delicate, beautiful, just so so pretty!

1 comments:

.Jessica. said...

Aw, thanks for the kind words! That quote really spoke to me too :)

Post a Comment