Thursday, December 22, 2011

Welcome Winter

I typically have a really difficult time with winter.  I don't do well in the cold, hate getting the sniffles and have some serious gaps in my closed toe shoe collection.  But to me, the worst part by far is the early nights.  4:00pm should never resemble 11:00pm...it's just beyond depressing.  That being said, I got to thinking yesterday and felt so encouraged that I just couldn't help but jot down a few thoughts.  The first day of winter (aka yesterday) is the shortest day of the year- which, as previously discussed, is all kinds of yucky.  But the good news is this: the worst is over!  While it won't get better overnight, we're at least moving in the right direction now.  So yes, it's gonna get colder and icier and all that good stuff, but it's gonna get brighter too.  And there's something to be said for that.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment