Tuesday, November 9, 2010

To the Moon and Back

Has anyone noticed the moon lately?  It’s been so lovely…inspiring even!  I happened to catch a look at it last night and thought of the wise words of my great-grandfather.  He used to say “you know it’s going to rain when you can hang a bucket on the moon”.  I don’t know if it’s a phrase with any scientific merit, but since Poppy said it, I believe it to be the gospel truth.  The moon is mystic but altogether serene…familiar yet awe inspiring all at the same time.  I wanted to explore home accessories that not only featured moons, but fit the following list of criteria: 
1)No zodiac-looking moons
2)No nursery-esque moons
3)No science-fair-project-style moons
Only chic moons need apply.  I poured over art, pillows and the like on Etsy- one of my favorite websites and home to the largest collection of creative artisans on the Internet.  Some pieces were very bad, but some were quite good.  Here’s what I found.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment