Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Me vs. Me

I have a long-standing theory that, unbeknownst to Max Azria, I am his muse.  From his color palates and fabric choices to the look of most every piece, I feel pretty confident that he’s designing for me or someone identical to me.  My Mom and I diverted from our Christmas shopping just long enough to take a quick stroll through one of his stores and oh…my…heavens.  Unreal.  One dress in particular stood out from the rest and we basked in it’s glory for as long as our very tightly packed schedule would allow.  I’ve been all but obsessing over it ever since.  Pictures don’t do it justice, but voilá!


I think this dress is perfection but interestingly enough, my first inclination was that it wouldn’t make a very good inspiration piece.  Give me a tutu any day of the week but tulle in home décor?  Never gonna work.  I set out to see if I could prove myself wrong.  Here’s what I found.

                                           Photo Credit: Absolutely Beautiful Things

In a strange kind of way, I love it.  Not nearly as much as the dress of course but it’s got personality out the wazoo and there’s something to be said for that.  Like most things, tulle in the wrong hands can go horribly, horribly wrong (think My Big Fat Greek Wedding, etc.) but add a little confidence and a splash of design savy and something gorgeous is sure to bloom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment