Thursday, December 2, 2010

Deck the Table

I love my roommates.  Adore them, really.  I won’t bore you with a list of reasons why, but you should know they’re two of the loveliest, kindest, most entertaining girls you could ever have the pleasure of meeting.  The reason my house is in it’s current festive state is because Courtney decided to surprise Jess and I with Christmas last week.  We literally woke up to Christmas music playing, the tree up and decorated, garland everywhere, stockings hung, the whole nine yards.  It was like the spirit of Buddy the Elf was in the room…I couldn’t help but yell “It’s Christmas!” like a five-year-old.  Court did a great job with the decorating…in fact, here’s a little show and tell for you.  Here’s our tree....


And our stockings....


And as of today, here is our kitchen table.  




You may remember my post about a month back explaining how keeping our table set has helped to control our ‘pile problem’.  If you haven’t read it, check it out here.  I’m happy to report, the system is working for us.  The harvest theme I had going wasn’t exactly relevant anymore, so I’ve been on a mission this week to make the necessary updates.  I’m almost embarrassed at how many different places I searched to find items in my budget I was happy with, but after today’s visit to Hobby Lobby I’m happy to report all systems are a go.  I kept the plates and goblets from my original place setting, but the rest is new.  One of the most important things to remember in decorating (especially when you’re talking about a shared space) is to know your audience.  In this particular case, my audience is equal parts goof ball and class act, so I tried to keep things simple but fun. 

One more quick bonus for you- I was checking out Delish and found some other fantastic Christmas table settings.  Check these out!









0 comments:

Post a Comment