Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Foodie Files

I've got an extremely simple but very tasty recipe on tap today…goat cheese, lemon and and asparagus pasta.  In fact, basically all the ingredients are in the title so you know it's not complicated.  When I first spotted a similar recipe here I thought it might actually be too easy to turn out correctly…then I figured I'd try some of their techniques (straight goat cheese melted onto the pasta) instead of the more complicated thing I probably would've done (more of a goat cheese Alfredo with a roux, cream, etc).  I'm glad I did cause it was delish.  Sometimes easy is the way to go…who knew?

3/4lb mezzi rigatoni pasta
1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into pieces
3-4 oz goat cheese
1 TBS lemon juice
1/2 TBS olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Prepare pasta according to package instructions.  In a separate pot, bring water to a rolling boil, salt and add asparagus.  Cook for 2 minutes, drain and set aside.


Drain pasta and reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water.  Place hot pasta into a large bowl and add in goat cheese (breaking it up as you put it in), olive oil and lemon juice, along with a TBS or two of the pasta water.  Stir to combine.  Mix in asparagus and toss to combine.  Season with additional salt and pepper and serve immediately.

0 comments:

Post a Comment